Ishan Uday Scholarship 2020-21 Apply Online
Ishan Uday is a special scholarship scheme Published by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for the students of the North Eastern Region (NER) to promote higher education and for encouraging children belonging to the economically weaker section of the NE Region.
Under the Ishan Uday scholarship scheme, a total of 10,000 fresh scholarships are disbursed every year among NER students who are pursuing general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2020 Full Details
Scholarship Name: Ishan Uday Scholarship 2020
Course/s: General degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses
Implemented By: University Grants Commission (UGC)
Scholarship Amount: ₹ 7,800 and ₹ 5,400 per month
Last Date: 31 Oct 2020
State: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Tripura
Objectives of Ishan Uday Scholarship 2020
The objectives of the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020 for the North Eastern Region are:
1)To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in the NE Region.
2) To increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) in the NE Region.
3) To focus more on professional education in the NE Region.
4) Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
It is envisaged to provide ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every year beginning from the academic year 2014-15 for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2020 Eligibility Criteria
1/ Students with the domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in a general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/Colleges/Institutions recognized as under
A) Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
B) Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
C) Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
D) Institutes of National Importance.
E) Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
2) Only first-year Under-graduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
3) For integrated degree courses the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course. For dual degree courses, the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only. The university shall clarify it while recommending a candidate for the scholarship.
4) For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
5) Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
Exclusions: The following shall not be eligible under this scheme-
1) Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
2) Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate program under any other scheme(s).
3) Students gaining admission through ‘management quota’.
4) Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to the award of a Degree.
5) Students whose parents’ income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2020 Amount
An amount of Rs.5400/- p.m. for General Degree courses and Rs. 7800/- p.m. for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Para medical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Selection Process
- 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
- Distribution of slots amongst the states of NER will be done on the basis of population census(last).
- If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to the non-availability of eligible candidates, the unfilled slots will be distributed equitably amongst other states.
- Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) will be made as per Government of India norms.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Application Form PDF
Eligible students may apply online through the National e-Scholarship Portal of the Government of India URL: https://www.ugc.ac.in/ner/About.aspx.
The following documents will be uploaded at the time of applying under the scheme on the NSP.
1. Domicile certificate to be issued by the competent authority.
2. Proof of annual income to be issued by the competent authority.
3. For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned University/ Institution/ College.
The Last Date of receipt of the online application is 30th October 2020.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2020 Percentage
The minimum percentage of marks to be obtained by general category students at UG level is 55% marks and at PG level is 60% marks. (Note: For reserved categories including SC, ST, OBC, and PwD, a relaxation of 5% is given). The fellowship is also open for transgender candidates.
Online Application: Click Here…
Official Notification: Click Here…