OBC Scholarship Assam 2020-21:
It is for information to all concerned that Fresh / Renewal applications for Pre-Matric and Post-Matric scholarships for students of Assam belonging to scheduled Tribes (ST) and Other Backward Classes (OBC / MOBC) are invited for the year 2020-21 through the National scholarship portal (NSP) at www.scholarships.gov.in. Applications will be entertained through an online portal only for students studying in Govt./Govt.aided/ Gow. recognized/Madhyamik/Middle/Primary School/University/Higher secondary/colleges including Medical/Technical institutions etc having valid U-Dise/Aishe/Ncvt code only.
OBC Scholarship Assam 2020-21 Full Details
Name Of Scheme: Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship 2020-21 for OBC Students
Academic Year: 2020-21
Scholarship Authority: Government Of India
Official Website: https://scholarships.gov.in
- Pre-Metric: Class (I) to Class(X)
- Post-Metric: Class (XI), Under Graduate and Post Graduate
- Cast Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Benefited Certificate
- Related: Ishan Uday Scholarship 2020-21
Eligibility Criteria For OBC Scholarship Assam 2020-21
Pre-Metric Scholarship For OBC Students:-
- The scholarship award will be sanctioned in the case of students whose parents/ guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs.2,50,000/- per annum.
- The scholarships may be given to the students enrolled in class I or any subsequent class of pre-matric stage in the case of day scholars, and class III or any subsequent class of pre-matric stage in the case of hostlers. The scholarship will terminate at the end of class X. The duration of scholarship in an academic year will be 10 months.
- The scholarship will be tenable only in such institutions and for such pre-matriculation courses, which have been duly recognized by the concerned State Government and Union Territory Administrations.
- The students may not be allowed to take up employment or render help to parents in their work during the course of studies
- The award will be discontinued if a student fails to secure annual promotion except in case of unavoidable reasons to be certified by the competent authority of the scheme.
- The migration of students from one institution to another would not normally be allowed during the course of the academic year except under exceptional circumstances and in the interest of the student’s academic career.
- The scholar obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other pre-matric scholarship scheme.
- Regular attendance records not less than 60% in the previous year should be a pre-requisite for availing of scholarship.
- At least 5% of students with disabilities should be covered for grants of scholarships.
- To avoid any duplication, bank accounts of the target beneficiaries should be Aadhar seeded.
- 30% of the beneficiaries should be reserved for girl students.
Post-Metric Scholarship For OBC Students:-
- The scholarships will be open to Indian nationals belonging to OBCs, as notified by the Central Govt./State Govt./ UT Admn.;
- These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post matriculation or post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions with the following exceptions:
- Only those candidates who belong to OBCs so specified in relation to the State/UT to which the applicant actually belongs, i.e. permanently settled and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible.
- Candidates who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education in different subjects e.g. I. Sc. after I.A or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. in a subject after M.A in another subject will not be eligible.
- Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, e.g., LLB after B.T/B. Ed will not be eligible.
- students studying in XI Class of the Higher Secondary School courses or the XII class of the Multipurpose High School will not be eligible for it being a continuous school course. However, in cases, where the tenth class examination of such courses is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students who after passing the tenth class join other courses, such students will be treated as post-matric students and will be eligible for the award of scholarships.
- Students pursuing Post-graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Students who after failing or passing the Under Graduate/Post-Graduate examinations in Arts/Science/Commerce join any recognized professional or Technical certificate/diploma/degree courses will be awarded scholarships if otherwise eligible. No subsequent failure will be condoned except for courses in Group ‘A’ and no further change in the course will be allowed.
- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses will be eligible for reimbursement of non-refundable fees. The term correspondence includes distant and continuing education. Besides reimbursement of the non-refundable fees, such students will also be eligible for an annual allowance of Rs. 900/- for essential/prescribed books, as applicable.
- Only two boys of the same parents/guardian will be entitled to receive scholarships. This restriction will, however, not apply to girls. Accordingly, scholarship availed by girls of same parents/guardian will not adversely affect the admissibility of availing scholarship up to two boys of the same parents/guardian.
- A scholarship holder under this Scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend. If awarded any other scholarship/stipend, the students can exercise his/her option for either of the two scholarships/stipends, whichever is more beneficial to him/her, and should inform the awarding authority through the Head of the Institution about the option made. No scholarship will be paid to the students under this Scheme from the date he/she accepts any other scholarships/stipend. The student can, however, accept free lodging or a grant or ad-hoc monetary help from the State Government or any other source for the purchase of books, equipment, or for meeting the expenses on board and lodging, in addition to the scholarship amount paid under this Scheme.
- Scholarship holders who are receiving coaching in any of the pre-examination training centers with financial assistance from the Central Government/State Government will not be eligible for stipend under the coaching schemes for the duration of the coaching program.
- Employed students whose income combined with the income of their parents/guardians does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum shall be eligible for post-matric scholarships to the extent of reimbursement of all compulsorily payable non-refundable fees.
- In the case of unemployed students whose parents/guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum will be entitled to the scholarship under the Scheme.
Value For OBC Scholarship Assam 2020:
- Pre-Metric Scholarship:- The value of the scholarship is ranging from Rs 100 to Rs 500/ month depending upon the classes they study.
- Post-Metric Scholarship: – The value of the scholarship will include Maintenance Allowance, Reader Charges for blind students, reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees, Study Tour Charges/thesis typing/printing charges, and a book allowance for students pursuing correspondence course, for the complete duration of the course.
OBC Scholarship Assam Application Form:
OBC Scholarship Assam application form is available in online format only. The same can be accessed through the national scholarship portal https://scholarships.gov.in.
How to Apply For OBC Scholarship Assam 2020-21:
Candidates need to visit the official national scholarship portal https://scholarships.gov.in for submission of an online application for this scholarship.
OBC Scholarship Assam 2020 Last Date:
- Last Date Of Online Application: 30/11/2020
- Last Date Of Defective Verification: 28/12/2020
- Last Date Of Institute Level Verification: 31/12/2020
Important Web Links For OBC Scholarship Assam 2020
- Online Application: Click Here [New Registration]
- Online Application: Click Here [Renewal]
- Official Notification: Click Here